Monday from 7-8PM, £5-10 per session
Greenwich West Community Centre, 141 Greenwich High Road, SE10 8JA
Hatha Yoga is an ancient system that includes the practice of asanas (postures) and pranayama (breathing exercises), which help bring peace to the mind and body. Our class is a relatively gentle practice - great for beginners and experienced Yogis alike! You should leave feeling longer, looser, more relaxed and generally at one with your body.
Health and wellbeing benefits of yoga
• Reduces level of stress hormone, cortisol
• Strengthens nervous system, reducing long-term stress levels
• Increases dopamine, which lifts the mood to create a feeling of happiness and harmony
• Gives the opportunity for introspection and inner-awareness
• Decreases blood pressure
• Lowers the pulse rate
• Improves circulation
• Stretches tissues in the muscles and joints
• Strengthens and tones the core
• Increases muscle definition throughout the body
• Stimulates flaccid, weak or lazy muscles.